Sunday, March 29, 2009

Was This Really February?

Unseasonably amazingly warm weather in early February demanded a visit to our property. It was not a "work day," just a chance to walk the perimeter (on the old logging road) and see how (if at all) the landscape was changing. Sissy cried almost the entire time...she wanted to be carried but not on my back...have you ever tried to carry 25 lbs in your arms...uphill? Not easy...in fact, not really possible (at least for me). Here are some highlights...

Helping Sissy uphill.


Hey, boys...whatcha lookin' at?


Ohhh, I see...that platform up there..."Don't even THINK about climbing up there, boys..." I say...("at least until we nail up some new boards..." I think to myself.) Hehe.


We took plenty of time to explore the water...


Sissy wanted to get INTO the water in the worst way, and was not happy that I was holding her shoulder straps. (She wasn't happy about much, actually).



By the time we were on the way down...I think she decided to actually enjoy her ride.



Stay tuned,
Kris

No comments: